Friday, August 6, 2010

3,2,1, GO??

There are only 3 weeks left until our due date. Of course that doesn't mean much since most babies don't arrive on their due date. It does, however, mean that no matter how I look at it this pregnancy is coming to an end and very soon I will get to hold my baby boy. The emotional rollercoaster of excitement, nervousness and anticipation is almost more than I can bare. Sometimes it is more than I can bare and after an especially long day, the tears come rolling. What I have learned is to just let them go and after going through several tissues, I will feel much better. I don't need to talk about it or analyze it. It is what it is. This too shall pass.

Everything is ready for our little man's arrival. His room is set up even though he will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for at least a few months. The car seat is in the car. Thank goodness we went and had our installation checked at the fire station because we didn't quite have it tight enough. He has more than enough clothes to get him through his first few months with us. And, of course, there is more than enough love waiting for him : )

People keep asking me when I plan to stop working. "I'm going to work until he decides to arrive." I respond but in the back of my mind I am wondering if I will be able to. It is becoming much harder for me to get through a full day at work. I am so tired most days that all I can think about is how much longer until I can crash on the couch. There has been a couple days when I'm driving home that I wonder how safe it is for me to be driving because I am so tired. Of course, the alternative is to stop working and sit at home and watch the clock. That doesn't sound like much fun. So I'm going to keep on keepin on as long as I can.


At our check-up on Wednesday, everything went well. Luckily, I was negative for Group B strep which means I don't have to get antibiotics during labor. Most importantly, that means I get to stay home longer once I go into labor. I haven't started to dilate yet but it is still a little early for that. I asked the midwife how big she thought he was and she said he is a little peanut, barely 6 lbs! Now I don't want to have a tiny baby but I also wasn't looking forward to a 9 pounder : ) Looks like if all stays on course, our little munchkin will be about 7.5 lbs. That sounds good to me : )


From the size of my belly, it may seem like the baby is bigger....




2 comments:

  1. You look wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear that he's on his way- hope I can see you soon, either before or after he arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue! I don't feel like I look wonderful but I will take the compliment. Hope to see you soon too!

    ReplyDelete