A few days before Halloween I decided that Eric and I would dress up as farmers and Bennett would be our harvest. After a trip to Kmart and Walmart, we were ready to go.
We went over to Meredith's house and visited with her and the boys for a bit and then we headed over to Grandpa and Nana's house to show off our costumes. Bennett was a good sport throughout it all. It was a very fun first Halloween.
Last week we had a couple more "firsts." Both happened on Friday. I had decided it was finally time to transition Bennett into sleeping in his crib at night. We had been laying him down in it for naps during the day and he seemed fine. I knew I had to commit to doing it otherwise he would be sleeping in our bedroom forever. So I figured we would start that day. We were cleaning up his room a bit since it had gotten a little messy from us putting stuff in there. Eric needed a screwdriver to take apart the co-sleeper so I put Bennett down on the floor to go get it. As I'm walking down the hallway Eric says, "Whoa...he rolled over." At first I thought he was joking so I walked back in the room and sure enough, there was Bennett on his back and I had left him on his belly! I couldn't believe it. I put him on his tummy again to see if he would do it again and sure enough he did!
It was so great to be able to witness this milestone with Eric!
After all that excitement, Bennett slept in his crib for the first time. It was hard for me not to have him right next to me while I slept but he didn't seem to notice much difference. We are still working on getting him to consistently sleep a 5 hour stretch at night but we are getting there. I feel lucky that a "bad" night for us is him getting up twice during the night instead of once.
The unfortunate thing about this 10 week post is that it means I only have one week left before I have to go back to work. The last few weeks home with Eric and Bennett have been amazing (other than being in the hospital). We are so lucky that we were able to spend this time together. Eric will have two more weeks off work after I go back so he will have some alone time with Bennett as well. I wish it could last forever, the two of us at home with our son. Watching him grow and change. We are luckier than most to have had this short time to enjoy each other. I will always cherish it.
For now, we have one more week together and we are going to make the most of every minute.
I just LOVE that video!! You're so fortunate you had the camera ready :) So glad you've been able to enjoy this time home with him- yay for his crib sleeping, too!
ReplyDelete