
Busy, busy, busy. That's the best way I can describe my little Bear. In a very short time he has become quite mobile. He went from army crawling to full on crawling in about a month. Now he is perfecting pulling himself up on things. He finally learned that once he has pulled himself up that it may not be a good idea to let go. It only took about a half dozen falls before he learned that one. It's a wonder that I haven't had a heart attack yet. The past few days he has started to only hold on with one hand while standing up. He using the other hand to grab toys, empty drawers, etc. Bennett's favorite game is to play in the dog's water bowl. Every chance he gets, he bee-lines into the kitchen and starts splashing. We are working diligently to break that habit. So far Bennett is winning. He still doesn't have any teeth. I keep saying any day now they will poke through but after saying that for months, I have resolved myself to the fact that those teeth aren't going to make an appearance any time soon. I can't say that I'm disappointed. The longer he doesn't have teeth the better! Bennett has been spending the last three weeks at home with his Papa. They have loads of fun while I go to work. Luckily, my schedule is so flexible that we've been able to spend some quality time together. I have to say that I kind of like having Eric be a stay at home Daddy. Too bad the pay stinks : ) As Bennett gets older, his little personality comes out more and more. He is a happy, out going little man. He loves meeting new people. We haven't seen any signs of stranger anxiety, yet. He keeps us smiling with his babbling and howling. We call him our little howler monkey. If he wants your attention, he sure know how to get it. I see little bouts of frustration. I don't know if it's just his age or a sign of things to come. I do know one thing for sure, our little man is fearless! I can only pray that he will not be an extreme sport enthusiast. I say it everytime...I can't believe how fast time is going by. I was looking at pictures of Bennett from a few months ago the other day. It feels like I blinked and now he is 8 months old. He went from a "blob" to a this:

in no time at all. But each day it just gets better.
No comments:
Post a Comment