Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Big 1-0

That's right Bennnett is 10 months old today. It's official, he's been out longer than he's been in. Since I just wrote the 9 month post a couple of weeks ago, not much has changed. Bennett is still busy. We finally put baby locks on the bathroom cabinets so that he can't play in them while I am getting ready for work. Although it kept him distracted, he was getting too good at pulling everything out.
On Father's Day, Eric installed Bennett's swing that he got for Christmas from Nana Rhonda. He absolutely loves it! I think he could stay in for hours. Unfortunately, it has been so hot that he only gets to be in it for 10 minutes at a time.

Here's Bennett with his Papa on Father's Day. I made them matching shirts : )

Yesterday, in an effort to cool off, I filled his baby pool with water and let him splash around.



His new best pal is Marley. He tries to play with him all the time and Marley has actually started putting up with it. I think Bennett has even gotten the concept of being gentle well kind of). He no longer pulls Marley's ears or pinchs him. He does, however, pat him not so gently on the back. Marley has a blanket that he carries around with him. It's kind of a security thing. He typically doesn't let anyone take it away from him but occasionally he will let Bennett take it away. Luckily, Ben gives it right back. Today at dinner, Ben was chomping on a piece of naan (Indian flat bread) and of course Marley was hanging out like a piranha. Ben would drop his hand down with the bread in it. Marley would come close thinking Ben was giving it to him then Ben would snatch it back and laugh. It was very funny to watch. Poor Marley.
While on the topic of food, I must say that I am so proud of Bennett's eating skills and habits. Around the time we came back from vacation, Bennett wasn't really into eating his purees. I had introduced some finger foods and he was doing really well with those so I decided that I was no longer going to force him to eat the purees but let him lead the way by offering him foods that he could feed himself. After an adjustment period, he is doing great.

Even with just two teeth, he can eat just about anything. There has been a couple times that he scared me with the amount of food he shoved in his mouth but somehow he gets it down. Some of his favorite foods right now are bagels (with a smear), peas, cantaloupe, and pasta.
Bennett has started to say a couple words. I'm not sure he knows what they mean yet but we have heard him say "baby" a few times. He's also said "hi" and "dada." He goes through phases that he is very talkative and then won't say much for days. One thing is for sure, he will let out a piercing squeal at least once a day : )
I am amazed by my little bear on a daily basis. One of my favorite things he does is in the midst of playing he will stop, crawl over to me, stand up and give me a hug. It's the most incredible feeling. He's not much of a cuddle bug so those are moments I cherish.
Sweet Bennett, you bring a smile to my face every day.

1 comment: