Saturday, August 13, 2011

11 months!

I can't believe my little man is 11 months old. I know I say that each time he is a month older but it really is unbelievable. This month Bennett's personality has really been coming out. The picture above is of him doing his fake laugh. He scrunches up his face and breaths out his nose quickly. It's so cute. If I do it, then he'll do it back. He is a little comedian.
He still isn't walking but that is stopping him from getting around. He crawls so fast that I can barely keep up with him. Once I showed him how to use the push walker, he was off. He loves the upright mobility but still doesn't have the confidence to walk unassisted. I think he may have fallen one to many times when he started pulling himself up so he is extra cautious now.

One thing that has been a surprise this month is Bennett's separation anxiety. We really haven't dealt with it until now. He has always been ok with other people holding him but now he is a bit shy around strangers. He is quite a few days that he is extra clingy. I guess with his new mobility comes the realization that mama can leave too and he doesn't like that. We are doing the best we can to reassure him without too much coddling.
Bennett started going to daycare this month. Only two days a week so that he can adjust to the change. He seems to be loving it. This is a picture was sent to me by his sitter, Kelly.

He's a happy boy!
I'm so sad that he will be one soon. I knew the day would come but for some reason I was hoping on could hold on to his "baby days" just a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment