Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's been a while...



Since I've posted and it's mostly because at the end of the day, once I've picked up all the toys, put away the random tupperware and food items that Bennett had pulled out of the cabinets, loaded the dishwasher, etc. I'm tired and quite frankly I just want to turn my brain off. That's no excuse because every mom is tired at the end of every day (sometimes we start the day tired and it's just downhill from there) but we should find time for the things that are important to us. Chronicling Bennett's life is important to me. I want to have it to look back on and I want him to have it to look back on. It's also a nice bonus that I can share it with friends and family as well. So here's what's been going on...
* Bennett has perfected the art of walking (well almost). He walks very well and has even started to run some. It's is the cutest thing to watch my little man suffle around everywhere. It has taken some getting used to. The first few weeks I would do a double take everytime he would start walking because I still wasn't used to him walking.
* Bennett's favorite word is "Please." Before, if he wanted something he would sign "more" then he learned to say "please." It sounds more like "plase" so it is super cute. How can you say no to anything?? Now he just needs to learn some other words because I'm not always sure what he is asking for.
* Bennett loves being outside. When we first goes outside, he beelines for his swing but only wants to be in it for a minute before he signs "all done" and is off exploring. Now if only we could get the dogs to stop digging holes in the backyard.

* Now that Bennett is more mobile we are able to do some fun things. I couple weekends ago I took him to Macarthur mall and let him loose in the play area. He had a blast running around. He wouldn't keep his socks on. He took them off immediately after I took his shoes off and ran around with one in his hand the whole time.
* We have had a fun time exploring the different parks around town. We went to Grommet park at the ocean front several weeks ago. Bennett had a blast sliding on the slide there (with Dad's help).


I took him to Fun Forest Park at Chesapeake Park after work one day. He had a blast running around. We are also lucky to have a park around the corner from our house that we can go to anytime.
*At the beginning of October, we went to the Children's Festival in Norfolk. We met up with Trichell and Sophia. Bennett was still pretty new at the walking thing but we still had a lot of fun.




We are keeping busy and having lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment