One of my friends has a blog and I've noticed on occasion she will list the good and the not-so-good that goes with a situation. I thought that would be a fun exercise at this point in my pregnancy.
The good:
- Feeling my baby moving around in my belly. It's my own secret that I can share only if I feel like it. The bond that comes with knowing his every move is incredible.
- The underlying calmness that I feel. With all the stress and running around to get things done on the to-do list, one could easily get very overwhelmed. Fortunately, underneath all that I feel a calmness that is different from anything I have felt before.
- The connection that has developed between Eric and I. Our love has gotten even stronger than it was before which I didn't think could be possible.
- It's ok if I nap for hours at a time or just sit on the couch because I don't feel like doing anything : )
- Not feeling guilty for eating a piece of cheesecake at 9 o'clock at night
The not so good:
- Being hungry all the time but rarely knowing what I want to eat. I've learned to settle for whatever is available.
- Having a hard time getting comfortable, especially at the end of the day.
- Random nosebleeds and/or rashes.
- Having to pee all the time. Not such a big deal during the day but at night gets to be a little much.
- Several other things but I don't want to complain : )
Overall, this pregnancy has been so easy. I am in love with being pregnant and I will miss it. I can see how women can get "addicted" to being pregnant. Before I was pregnant I just thought those women were crazy. Now I'm hoping that won't be me : )
No comments:
Post a Comment