Monday, June 7, 2010

28 Week Appointment

I had my 28 week check-up on Friday (6/4). I was a litte nervous because I had my glucose test scheduled for that day. I didn't think it would be an issue but you never know and giving up sweets for the next three months would have been torture. Luckily, all was well! My level was 122 and the cut off is 135. Everything else was normal as well...blood pressure, etc. I gained 3.5 lbs in the last month so I am right on track. Amazingly, I have only gained 5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight but 11 from my lowest during the pregnancy. Blair (the mid-wife) said that will make post-partum so much easier. Hopefully, I can keep it up.
Blair did a belly check and said that the babies head is down, which is a relief because I thought he was sidewise. His rump is next to my belly button and his legs are jack-knifed to the side. That's probably why it felt like he was sideways.
His heartbeat was in the 150 bpm range.
It was such a good appointment! The only bummer was that this was the first appointment that Eric couldn't attend because of work. Hopefuly, it will be the only one that he can't attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment