Today is Bennett's three week birthday! I can't believe he has been with us that long! Lately, it seems like each day flies by. It may have something to do with the fact that he eats every 2-3 hrs and usually is eating for anywhere between 20-40 minutes.
He is alert more and more each day. It is amazing to watch him as he takes in the world. He is a really good baby. He barely ever cries and if he does there is a good reason for it. We usually can figure out what it is he wants/needs pretty quickly. Most of the time it has to do with food : )
We don't have a "routine" down quite yet but I know we will get there. It still amazes me that even though I wake up to feed him every 2-3 hours at night, I am still able to function. Last night Eric said to me, "You can't possibly be able to go on like this. You are going to get burned out." To which I replied, "It won't be like this forever." I think it's cute that he is concerned a
bout me. He is so helpful around the house. Today he cleaned the whole house and I didn't have to do a thing! I did some laundry but other than that my job was to feed the baby : ) I am really a lucky girl!
Although I am looking forward to watching Bennett continue to grow and change, I am sad that time seems to be going by so quickly. I wish I could bottle up each moment to open up later and enjoy again.
Aww- he does seem to be growing out of his newborn look! I'm glad you're feeling well. I hope you post his birth story! I'd LOVE to hear all about it! Yes, it's so sad how fast they grow :(
ReplyDelete