- No matter how much you prepare mentally for how hard things are going to be, you will be amazed at how hard being a parent is.
- Moms never feel like they do enough (I've asked other moms about this). I will always second guess myself and wonder if I'm doing enough/the right thing. The intensity of the feeling comes and goes but it is always there.
- Just when you think you have something figured out, you don't. ie. Sleeping patterns
- Everyone has their opinions of the "right" way to do things. The "right" way is your way. You can seek advice but until you are in the moment you have no idea what you will do but as long as it feels "right," it is.
- My former life is gone. I might occansionally catch a glimpse of it but for the most part it is gone. I sometimes miss it but this life is truly better.
- "This too shall pass." This one is by no means something new I have learned but it has taken on a greater meaning. Of course, I say this during the hard times but I also remind myself of this during the good times or just the "everyday" times so that I can be present in the moment. Bennett will only be this little for a very short time and I want to take in as much of this time as possible.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Things that I have learned
Over the last 7 weeks I have learned more than I ever thought possible. Here are some things I have learned:
There are so many more but that is enough for now. Thank you, Bennett, for bringing these lessons into my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SO TRUE! I need to be reminded of those all the time. Without love, parenting wouldn't make any sense, would it? Also, I love that last picture of Bennett- so sweet!
ReplyDelete