Saturday, February 26, 2011

Solids and other happenings

Bennett has officially started solids. His first taste of rice cereal was last Saturday. He actually seemed to like it. He seems to want to feed himself but that is a messy proposition at this point. He has since had avocado and sweet potato. At this point he isn't eating much, only about half an ounce or so. What he does eat, he seems to like. I have to say this transition has been harder on Momma than on him (as most things are). Things seem much less complicated if I'm just nursing him but I know that can't last forever.

To add insult to injury (just kidding), Bennett has decided he no longer wants to be stationary. He has figured out how to pull himself along. Otherwise known as the "army crawl." The other morning while I was getting ready for work, Bennett was playing with his toys on the floor. I was watching him and then looked away. When I looked back, he had moved about a foot and a half closer to me! I was in shock. Yup, our little man is on the move.

I have to say that I am a little sad that he is growing so quickly. When I told a colleage of mine this, she quickly reminded me that I am blessed to have a healthy baby. She is absolutley right. I may not be ready for solids or crawling but Ben is and that means that he is growing and healthy. For that I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment